We want you to feel at home when you post a comment at the KinkyToy.Store. We want everyone to feel at home posting comments on KinkyToy.Store, and while we don’t know what your home is like, we do know how we expect people to behave when they visit ours. That’s why we reserve the right to delete comments and if necessary, ban users in order to maintain civility and to keep the comment threads relevant..
Our No. 1 house rule is simple: Don’t be a jerk.
Want to be the kind of commenter we’d love to bring home to Thanksgiving dinner?
Here’s what we like to see in comments:
- Weigh in with intelligent and relevant comments that further an informed discussion
- Give us useful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? Let us know and we will correct it.
- Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom, and humour we know you possess.
- Don’t feed the trolls. Unless you have a penchant for sado-masochism,you aren't likely to take on our ill-informed, weird uncle Gary just for the heck of it. You shouldn't get him wet or feed him after midnight - just to be on the safe side, (We did mention he was weird,didn't we?.) Downvote and flag comments instead.
Although we can’t be everywhere at once, here are some of the kinds of comments we’re going to do our best to curtail:
- Promoting your own brand, product, or blog. So you’ve got a climate change solution that will simultaneously solve world poverty and feed the hungry children. Great. Send it through our contact form, you Elon Musk, you.
- Impersonating authors or other commenters. We can’t believe we have to say this, but: Don’t do that. It’s plagiarism and it's weird.
- Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the article. Enraged that we didn’t mention X in a story about Y? Slow down, Speedy McFingerson. If you’d made it past paragraph two, you’d see a very well thought-out discussion of that X you hold so dear.
- Comments that are completely out of left field. Sometimes discussions veer off a bit, but are still related to the original subject. That is fine. Hijacking the conversation to promote off-topic commentary is not.
- Threats — no matter how vague — against the author or other commenters. Things can get heated. Before you casually mention your foe’s home address, think of your Mother Earth. (Bonus points if you never use the phrase “Mother Earth.”)
Racism, sexism, homophobia, you get the drift. Call us the PC Police, fine, but don’t say we didn’t warn you when you get tased. **And by tased, we mean banned or deleted. KinkyToy.Store has not — and will not — ever own a taser, and even if we were to own a solar-charged organic low-voltage taser, we’d be too scared to use it.
- Trolling. If you’re a climate denier just out for a good trolling and are not contributing meaningfully to the conversation, we’ll be pushing you back under the bridge.
So, yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and he supports the healthy and measured use of censorship if it will help us all get along.